Edisen is an independent, global specialist in production and marketing communications powered by technology and fueled by creativity. We have 13 global offices but work as one team of 400 creators that make unskippable content. We’ve created for some of the world’s biggest and most innovative and recognizable brands, including Ikea, H&M, Dyson, Absolut, Apple, Shutterstock, Netflix, Warner Brothers, and Universal Studios. Just to name a few.
Edisen’s finance function has delivered several strategic projects in the past year, including the implementation of the NetSuite ERP and the simplification of the group structure. Several other exciting projects are coming up as we seek to further improve financial and operational processes across the group. As a key member of the finance team, you will partner with the business operations to help deliver these projects.
We are seeking a driven and self-motivated Financial Analyst to work with the finance team to assist with the financial planning and analysis of the global business. You will be responsible for analyzing management accounts and financial statements (current and historic) to help predict the future performance of the Group. This will include forecasting future revenues and expenditures, budgeting and then analyzing the group’s performance, alongside its financial plan and key performance metrics. This will include calculating variances between those forecasts and actuals and then for tracking down and explaining the causes of these variances. The role is full-time, located at the company's premises on Skeppsbron and reports to the Business Controller
What you’ll do:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews, contributing to the strategic planning of the group
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Work closely with project managers to report on job / client profitability, compare to budget and analyze variances
- Work closely with Team Leads to report on utilization levels and follow up on variances to target
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Other duties as required.
What you’ll need
- 1-3 years of business finance or other relevant experience
- BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics )
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills – familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Experience working in an ERP environment, preferably NetSuite
- Able to work within the Microsoft office environment
- Good business acumen
- International experience from either work or studies is a plus
- Fluency in English is a requirement
Who you are
- Challenge-hungry Individual, continuously seeking for growth and learning opportunities
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills, results-oriented and pragmatic
- Motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A winning mentality and, together with your team, overcoming all challenges.
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, but also able to see the bigger picture
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable interacting with senior-level management
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Interested in the rapidly changing media industry
- Invested in contributing to a dynamic and healthy workplace culture - a passion for working with people in a dynamic environment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At Edisen, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you and, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, and receptive and strive for honesty and integrity.
We believe our people and our work make a difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Edisen is the place for you.