WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and develop a high functioning, agile, and collaborative engineering culture by example and action
- Promote and enforce software engineering best practices through clean & reusable code, unit test coverage, and code reviews for all steps of development
- Approximately 70% technical, hands-on software development work and 30% leadership and management
- Oversee the design, architecture and implementation of all new systems, with a strong focus of delivery to our customers
- Use creativity and skills in combination with your leadership to innovate elegant solutions for problems at every level of our tech stack
- Lead a collaborative team to define the long term technology vision
- Set best practices influencing not only the team, but the entire Engineering Organization
- Research and champion adoption and use of new technologies
- Maintain a high operational excellence with a dedication to reliable, maintainable, exceptional products for our customers
WHAT YOU NEED
*To be considered candidates must be located in one of the following states: CA, CO, CT, FL, IL, NJ, NY, TN, NV
- 5 - 8 years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 3 years were devoted to using MERN stack to build SaaS products
- Strong understanding of MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience with Cloud Architecture (AWS preferred)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or equivalent experience
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong ability to execute as an engineer, with a pragmatic focus on ROI when delivering the product
- Strong ability to mentor the engineering team through code review as well as face to face
- Strong interest in thinking about product, including user empathy and an understanding of how a product works as a complex system
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, marketers, etc. to deliver a great product
- Ability to discern technical constraints, resources and opportunities available; willingness to take a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to estimate and prioritize
- Possessing high integrity
- Lives our core values: honesty, humility, exceptionalism, hard work, commitment, and innovation
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Edisen, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you, and you, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, receptive and strive for honesty and integrity.
We believe our people and our work make the difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Edisen is the place for you.
WHO WE ARE
Meet Edisen. We make content you can’t ignore. Content that you can optimize, adjust and improve in-market through our cutting-edge AI. Content you can manage through our worldwide collaboration platform from inception to delivery. Content we call unskippable.
We are an independent, global specialist in production and marketing communications powered by technology and fueled by creativity. We have 13 global offices but work as one team of 400 creators that make unskippable content. We’ve created for some of the world’s biggest and most innovative and recognizable brands, including Ikea, H&M, Dyson, Absolut, Apple, Shutterstock, Netflix, Warner Brothers, and Universal Studios. Just to name a few.
Edisen comes with a legacy of 25 years of best-in-class entertainment and award-winning post-production services. And we’ve got the Oscars and Cannes Lions to prove it.
Do you want to become unskippable? Join us!
Edisen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.