We are looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect to join our team of talented professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. You would be leading the overall design and delivery of an application suite, providing your technical expertise using React and AWS (Amazon Web Services) and knowledge of third party/cloud solutions to integrate modern technologies.
As the Enterprise Solutions Architect, you would be responsible for the building and/or configuration of software solutions within the Edisen platform – ensuring that the software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration. You would also be involved in estimation of work required to deliver software features.
This is a critical role in leading software teams, mentoring software engineers of all levels and helping grow future talent within the organization. The team is responsible for delivering a wide range of new Solutions that will transform the way Edisen customer does business. We are enabling a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide technical leadership and direction across a BDH or Value-stream
- Collaborate with architects on the creation and application of technical roadmaps, standards, tooling, and frameworks required to create a modern, high quality, rich application suite.
- Understand the business needs and designs solutions to enable the desired capabilities.
- Recognize potential strategic application of IT, and initiate investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets, to the benefit of organizations and the community. Lead in improving the interaction and understanding between business and IT.
- Complete the design of an application and drives the advancement of the reference architecture.
- Advance architecture roadmap for business area(s) by recommending third party/cloud solutions and Prototyping initiatives.
- Co-ordinate and participate in tool, technology and service selection, risk assessments and sunsetting in conjunction with technical and business stakeholders ensuring consistency with existing business needs and architectural sustainability.
- Ensure that solutions delivered have excellent customer experience, are secure and scalable, comply with best practices and open standards.
- Look for ways to utilize modern technologies to solve business problems – including AI, Digital platforms, and automation.
- Actively look for solutions that are buy over build and are cloud based.
- Stay abreast of external trends and new functionality to be released by third party/cloud solutions, identifying and socializing opportunities for expanded business applicability.
- Ensure application solution design conforms to our agreed upon quality attributes such as performance, fault tolerance, etc.
- Ensure product backlog has appropriate technical stories and participates in their prioritization.
- Resolve architectural uncertainties through prioritization, planning, and execution of architectural sprints and re-prioritize Technology Roadmap and portfolio backlogs based on outcomes.
- Provide ongoing and appropriate mentorship for Software Engineers.
- Play an active role in creating and communicating new technical solutions to business partners.
- Responsible for application quality from design and implementation to deploy and run.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area and recommending areas where new investment is merited.
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Maintain depth of technical understanding of third party/cloud solutions and Edisen’s implementation of solutions.
- Evaluate technical impacts from and coordinates implementation of new product releases.
- Participate in sizing and estimation activities with the agile team.
- Focus on always delivering business priority and value.
- Ensure agile teams are adopting best software development practices including manual and automated testing, continuous Integration techniques, automated deployments, etc.
- Collaborate with business SMEs and Business Architects to confirm understanding of requirements and to help drive business value in solution designs.
- Collaborate with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery.
- Collaborate with the agile team to establish the definition of done for each of the stages of production within the team.
- Ensure an innovative culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries.
- Monitor application behavior in product to ensure that the application performance system stability is meeting business needs and takes appropriate action.
- Ensure that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments.
- Always think with the mind of the end customer, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in related IT field or equivalent relevant experience. Master's degree preferred.
- More than 8 years' experience with designing, developing and leading enterprise software solutions.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such AWS and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Expert in Agile development/methodologies, Test Automation and TDD (Test Driven Development), CI/CD, DevOps.
- Proficient experience using React/NodeJS/Cypress/Jest/Mongo/Postgres/Express.
- Working knowledge of Micros Services and Micro Front Ends on AWS.
- Working knowledge of Kafka and Camunda.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and container management.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to motivate self and others to create and deliver innovative solutions that will excite and delight the customer.
- Demonstrated ability using a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Experience using verbal and written communication skills to facilitate discussion with IT groups and business partners, and senior management.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment and thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
- You are self-directed and able to take ownership of activities, and drive them through to completion
- You desire to be scrappy and continuously strive to do more with less
- You are positive “can do” attitude coupled with a strong commitment to integrity
- You have an ownership mentality and propensity to take responsibility for key outcomes
- You are detail-oriented and organized with unrivaled ethics, integrity, and ability to prioritize effectively to accommodate tight deadlines in a dynamic start-up environment
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Edisen, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you and you, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, receptive and strive for honesty and integrity.
We believe our people and our work make the difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Edisen is the place for you.
WHO WE ARE
Meet Edisen. We make content you can’t ignore. Content that you can optimize, adjust and improve in-market through our cutting-edge AI. Content you can manage through our worldwide collaboration platform from inception to delivery. Content we call unskippable.
We are an independent, global specialist in production and marketing communications powered by technology and fueled by creativity. We have 13 global offices but work as one team of 400 creators that make unskippablecontent. We’ve created for some of the world’s biggest and most innovative and recognizable brands, including Ikea, H&M, Dyson, Absolut, Apple, Shutterstock, Netflix, Warner Brothers, and Universal Studios. Just to name a few.
Edisen comes with a legacy of 25 years of best-in-class entertainment and award-winning post-production services. And we’ve got the Oscars and Cannes Lions to prove it.
Do you want to become unskippable? Join us!
Edisen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.