We are looking for a US Controller who wants to grow within Edisen and take on the challenge of making a global impact while helping build the pathway for the Company’s Accounting and Financial efforts. As the US Controller, you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one, and have access to the unique opportunity to develop and excel within the creative, production, and media landscape in the midst of exciting company developments.
Edisen’s finance function has delivered several strategic projects in recent months, including the implementation of the NetSuite ERP and simplification of the group structure. Several other exciting projects are coming up as we seek to further improve financial and operational processes across the group. As a key member of the finance team, you will partner with the business operations to help deliver these projects.
PLEASE NOTE: This role can be located anywhere in the US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee, drive, and coordinate all activities of the accounting and local finance team.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports including P&L, Balance Sheet and key metrics such as utilization, project profitability, COGS markup, revenue per FTE etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports (i.e. monthly financial statements, work papers, annual audits, budgets etc.) and this includes working with the Swedish Head Office Finance team to identify and quantify GAAP differences between local reporting and group accounting policies
- Lead local accounting and finance team members in daily activities, training, work performance etc.
- Manage all general ledger activities
- Review and post journal entries, assist in journal entry preparation when needed
- Oversee all financial reconciliations
- Monitor, review and approve working capital across accounts payable, purchase orders, cash control, and accounts receivable activities
- Manage short term and long term cash flow management and planning
- Maintain and update budget file preparation documents
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data
- Oversee and approve commissions and contractor payments
- Manage audit requests and adjust audit documentation as appropriate
- Establish and maintain best practices for financial processes, driving adherence to global standards, policies, and compliance
- Work closely with producers to secure revenue recognition and project margins
- Understand, contribute and participate in 401k activities on the 401k committee
- Assist with global financial and accounting related projects and activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Finance or Business Administration
- Preferably 7-9 years experience in an Accounting or Financial role
- Agency or studio environment/industry experience nice to have but not required
- Minimum 1 year of management or leadership experience
- A passion for working with people in a dynamic environment
- International experience from either work or studies is a plus
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good with Microsoft Office
- Experience with the NetSuite ERP is an advantage
WHO YOU ARE
- Motivated, results-oriented, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Independent worker who is highly-adaptable to new environments
- Great interest in the rapidly changing media industry and open to a wide scope of responsibilities
- You like dynamic, fast moving pace of events where you are part of shaping the plan as you go along
- You get a kick out of taking on challenges and learning new things with little guidance while delivering results
- Solution-focused and pragmatic
- Invested in contributing to a dynamic and healthy workplace culture
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Edisen, you’ll get an exciting challenge at a fast growing, entrepreneurial and global company, where we believe that high job satisfaction is the basis for personal achievement. With us, you get to work with market-leading brands and exciting customers who will challenge you and you, them.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. We are one, transparent team. We are open-minded, receptive and strive for honesty and integrity. You will receive a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which Includes:
- Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Optional Supplemental Health Insurance: Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Insurance • Short Term Disability Insurance • 360 Performance Reviews • Health Savings Account • Up to 25 Days of Vacation Time • Up to 14 Days of Sick Leave • 11 Observed Company Holidays • Up to 16 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave • 401k Retirement Plan • Global Bonus Program • Monthly Movie Ticket Reimbursements • Employee Assistance Program • Professional Development opportunities.
We believe our people and our work make the difference, for our clients and their audience. If you’re looking to make an impact, Edisen is the place for you.
WHO WE ARE
Meet Edisen. We make content you can’t ignore. Content that you can optimize, adjust and improve in-market through our cutting-edge AI. Content you can manage through our worldwide collaboration platform from inception to delivery. Content we call unskippable.
We are an independent, global specialist in production and marketing communications powered by technology and fueled by creativity. We have 13 global offices but work as one team of 400 creators that make unskippablecontent. We’ve created for some of the world’s biggest and most innovative and recognizable brands, including Ikea, H&M, Dyson, Absolut, Apple, Shutterstock, Netflix, Warner Brothers, and Universal Studios. Just to name a few.
Edisen comes with a legacy of 25 years of best-in-class entertainment and award-winning post-production services. And we’ve got the Oscars and Cannes Lions to prove it.
Do you want to become unskippable? Join us!
Edisen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.